Thursday 13 May 2010

Alphabet Thursday: Q

For about eight weeks now I have been reading a friends Alphabet Thursday posts and thinking "That looks fun!", but I haven't joined in because it is her thing and I didn't want to be a copy cat (even though I know she wouldn't mind!). But last week was P, so I thought I would take that as my Q to join in today.

Q is for quiz!

So, because mine is a photo blog, can you identify the objects? (Oh yh - and that's a question) Some are easy; others a little more tricky.














Answers at the bottom of the post :)

I hope a quiz means that I've qualified to post in Alphabet Thursday. I shall be in quite a quandary if I've failed in my quest.

If you're a quiz addict, you might also like a quick try at this one about St George's Day. Don't quiver or quail! Although St George is quintessentially English, being of alternate origin shouldn't make you quit. As a nation, we appear to be queerly uninformed about our patron saint.


And here come the photo answers...

ʇǝspuɐɥ ǝuoɥd ɐ ɟo ɯoʇʇoq ǝɥʇ ˙1
ǝʎǝ uopuoן ǝɥʇ ˙2
ʇǝuɹoɔ ɐ ɯoɹɟ ǝɔǝıdɥʇnoɯ ǝɥʇ ˙3
ǝuıƃuǝ ɯɐǝʇs ɐ ɟo ʇuoɹɟ ǝɥʇ ˙4
ɥɔuǝq uǝpɹɐƃ pןo uɐ ɟo puǝ ǝɥʇ ˙5
ןıɐʇ s,uınƃuǝd ɐ ˙6
ʎɹǝɹɹo uɐ ˙7

(I've used an Orrery photo like number 7 before. The first one was mine. This one was taken by a friend.)

You can take a peek at other Alphabet Thursday posts here.

14 comments:

  1. Fun post! I haven't been by your blog before, but love the pictures. I didn't do so well on the Quiz, but enjoyed trying!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey welcome on board the alphabet blog it is addictive I am so happy to see you here

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a cool post! wonderful photos, i love love love the photo of the fence end ... gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, unfortunately I didn't do well on the quiz but I loved seeing your photos. Great Q post.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your post...welcome to Alphabe-Thursday...your photos are so very nice. I did manage to get more than half of your objects identified. Thank you for your visit to my Patriotism post...peace and blessings

    ReplyDelete
  6. THat was SUPER FUN! I only got 1 of them (the easiest) but I loved the concept and it was fun!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Excellent Q post though I am ashamed to confess that I failed the Quiz. And even after a picture I have no clue what an Orrery is. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Welcome to Alphabe-Thursday! Nice addition.

    Thanks for stopping by my place. Yes, we do see ourselves through a different lens than reality.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Class? Please welcome our new student to Alphabe-Thursday!

    What a fun post.

    I, being the teacher, got them all correct.

    OK, I, being the teacher, got two correct.

    Sigh.

    Totally clever, totally creative and I am a new follower of blog!

    Thank for this brain-vexing post on our little journey through Alphabe-Thursday's Letter "Q"!

    A+

    The beauty of this meme is that no-one ever copies. Even though we all write from the same starting point the destinations are totally diverse.

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOL! I thought that the front of the engine was a vault door. As far as the penguin tale... I knew I was looking at feathers of some sort, but didn't identify the bird. I did identify the ferris wheel, although not the London one in particular. My son plays the trumpet, so I knew that mouthpiece right away. The bench I knew, the phone I knew... I didn't know the name for that last orbit thing, that you call an orrery. That is a new word for me. Fun Quiz!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. what a fun quiz....it was also fun to have you join in and do a q post!

    ReplyDelete
  12. welcome! i only knew a few...i'm terrible at pop quizzes.

    ReplyDelete
  13. apparently I couldn't guess any of them but it was fun trying

    thanks for your visit

    ReplyDelete