Friday 21 May 2010

Photo Friday: Family of foxes


For the last few years, we have been fortunate enough to have a family of foxes living in our gardens. At first, they had their earth under the fence between my garden and my neighbour's; tucked away in the wild patch, right at the very bottom. Unfortunately, my neighbour was not altogether pleased about this and dumped a concrete block across the entrance, forcing them to relocate to another garden. His grand-daughter was not much more than a toddler at the time, so I suspect he was concerned for her safety.

Because our foxes are so timid, it is difficult to capture them on film. The above photo was the end result of lying in wait under a bush for around three quarters of an hour. Other pictures, I have managed to snap from my bedroom window, but only at distance.


On one occasion, I spent almost an hour up a tree, only to find that, by the time they emerged from their daytime sleep, it was too dark to take any kind of photo whatsoever.

But occasionally they do come out to enjoy the sunshine.


And I love to hear them yowling in the night.

For other Photo Friday contributions, click here.

4 comments:

  1. I don't know why foxes get such a bad press (unless you happen to be a hen!) as they are exquisite creatures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with JennyFreckles. I think they're adorable.

    Thanks so much for dropping by today. I appreciate the link since I haven't made my way all through the photo links yet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. he looks like my dog, look here: http://nprimopiano.wordpress.com/2010/03/12/loki/

    you are so lucky!

    ReplyDelete
  4. They are so cute! I love that you spent an hour in a tree waiting to see them emerge. Sounds like something I might do.

    ReplyDelete