Tuesday 18 May 2010

Pottering

I've been pottering around potting.

Near the top of my garden I have a plot which serves two purposes; in the autumn and winter it is my bonfire area, while in the spring and summer it turns into my veggie patch. I'm not terribly adventurous. In the past I have grown potatoes, lettuce (the slugs relished those) and leeks, but my stock favourites are carrots, peas and runner beans.

I'm hoping that in a week or so, these...



will start to sprout little green shoots.

If they behave themselves, I'll keep you in touch with their progress.

At the same time, I potted out a couple of lovely Cape Daisies (Sunny Fiona), which were given to me as a birthday present. I've been quite busy sprucing up the front garden and it is looking very tidy, but was lacking a bit of colour. Not any more!


Much better! Thank you Mary :)

2 comments:

  1. Love your pottering around. I wonder if the wood ash from the bonfires helps fertilize the garden then, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I believe it does. It also makes that part of the garden much easier to dig over than the rest :)

    ReplyDelete