Friday 4 June 2010

Trent and Mersey; bridge 15

This is bridge 15, around 7 miles from Shardlow, where the Trent and Mersey Canal flows out into the much more significant waters of the River Trent, sweeping by imperiously, on its way to join the Humber and, ultimately, the North Sea. I love the homely feel to the old brick bridges on the canal, and the way the view gradually opens up as you approach.








So, what's just round the corner?

I'm linking this post to Photo Friday ('Aqua'), where there are often some absolutely stunning photos to see.

1 comment:

  1. As I said earlier, I love this sequence of photos.

    Thanks so much for stopping by my WOW day. BON is an acronym for Blogger of Note. A special thanks for actually reading some of my older stuff. The 10th Day of Christmas was as difficult a post as I've ever written. The one about my own dog in that same group of tough to write but well worth the relief I felt having gotten some of the backlog of grief released.

    I appreciate you joining the 'hood.

    ReplyDelete