Near Harrogate in North Yorkshire is Harlow Carr, the most northerly of the four gardens owned by the Royal Horticultural Society. Originally set up by the Northern Horticultural Society, who leased the land from Harrogate Corporation and opened it as a botanical gardens in 1950, it came under the umbrella of the RHS when the two bodies merged in 2001. Although not huge, Harlow Carr has grown from its original size; more than doubling the space available to reach its present size of 27.5 hectares.
Amongst the features added in the gardens since the merger, is the Gardens through Time section, which charts the development of gardening through history and came about as a result of a BBC television programme of the same name (2004). Today's photographs are a couple of samples of what is on offer in these mini gardens.
A shelter from the Regency period.