Wednesday 13 October 2010

Yet another sunset

We had another glorious sunset here the other night. At the moment, we seem to enjoying lots of fiery skies; sometimes in the morning and sometimes at night.




But it's reached the stage of the year where I am consistently having to begin each day in the dark. It seems so much more of a chore to get out of bed when it's not yet daylight!


Post Script:
However, watching the Chilean miners being brought to the surface one by one, I am grateful for daylight at any time of the day!

6 comments:

  1. You seem to be getting better sunsets than we are - it's because you are so far south!. Once the Good Lady Wife retires next year my resolution will be never to get up whilst it is still dark.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Red sky at night, shepard's delight. Red sky in the morning, shepard's warning!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's that time of year when the sky turns red and I just want to cry for lack of sunshine. Lovely skies.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree about the onset of dark mornings and soon I'll be walking home in the dark too. I hate it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I saw an equally beautiful sunset last night, but unfortunately I was sans camera :(

    I remember the rhyme as saying: "Red sky at night SAILORS delight...." :)

    ReplyDelete