Monday 1 November 2010

Watersports

Carsington Water also offers plenty of opportunity for watersports, with a dedicated centre. They are approved by the British Canoe Union and the Royal Yacht Association and offer courses in a range of disciplines. This is where Mark came to take his 2 star paddlesport qualification. Next spring, Ben and I intend to follow suit. I really fancy the idea of spending two full days in a kayak, learning new skills and completing a lap of the lake.


From here you can also buy a day fishing ticket or try out the climbing wall. (My boys laugh quietly at the size of the climbing wall, but it's good for the youngsters.)

On a different note, if you didn't see my plea on Saturday, I wonder if I could ask you to consider voting for a blogging friend who has had two photos shortlisted in a Yorkshire Landscapes competition. Click here to see the photograph which she believes is her strongest contender. If you like it, please vote for it. This is her blog, which I thoroughly enjoy reading every day.




Thank you :)

1 comment: