Tuesday 12 April 2011

High ropes course

On Thursday evening, after work, Mark and I loaded all of his stuff into the boot of the car and headed for the M6 and Penrith. After almost four weeks at home with glandular fever, he was finally returning to University. 

On Friday morning, he gave me the full guided tour of campus and I've picked out a few of the more interesting bits to show you.

Of course, the campus has all of the usual things; library, teaching rooms, sports complex, accommodation, eating places etc etc etc, but I thought I'd select just three slightly more unusual features and show you one each day for the next three days.

Day 1: The high ropes course.



Imagine climbing the centre pole, balancing on the circular platform, launching yourself into the air and touching the yellow ball; even better, grabbing it and hanging on?

How is your pulse rate?



It makes a welcome break from writing essays!!


And yes, he did manage to grab the ball. I've seen the photos on Facebook :)

Happy birthday, Mark :)

8 comments:

  1. I'm not really keen on high rope courses. I prefer to keep my feet on solid ground!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes I can imagine doing all that. Indeed, it is the kind of thing I often imagine in the middle of the night. Right in the middle of a nightmare.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear H - you are determined to make me dizzy!! The heights..........

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is quite dizzying enough. Next time send Mark back by parcel post.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think in this case I'd be a watcher not a doer!
    Hope you son is feeling better - I remember from many years ago that glandular fever is very loath to go away:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Not for couch potatoes then.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That little game makes me dizzy just looking at it. It's a great idea for students (and teachers too) to have fun.

    ReplyDelete