Thursday 28 April 2011

Pastoral scenes and a rather odd signpost

Around the foot of The Roaches are some delightful scenes of agricultural England. How much our countryside would change if it were not for farms and farming!


 This little guy was cautiously curious from the safety of being behind a dry stone wall.



Mum was a bit less certain and called her baby home!


With the combination of pasture, rocks and moorland, it is not surprising that many many people come here to enjoy outdoor activities; walkers and climbers being the predominant groups. The area is criss-crossed with footpaths and access land. Footpath signs tend to show a walker striding out, but I wasn't quite so sure about this one...

7 comments:

  1. I love that tree, I recognised it as soon as I saw the thumbnail pic on your post on my dashboard! I always recognise that one :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That little lamb is too cute! I'd have wanted to scoop him up and cuddle him. That is a magnificent tree! Gorgeous, gorgeous pictures!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This top picture is so gorgeous. I love the peaceful feeling it evokes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the tree and the lambs - the fields are so green! The little walker looks as if he's been imbibing in the local pub:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful pictures. You did well with those sheep, whenever I try to take pictures of sheep I finish up chasing them all over the moors and falling in a bog.

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are such lovely photos, H! I saw many new lambs in Ireland. As a city girl I don't have much experience with them and I was surprised how playful and curious they were ..just like little children....so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely pictures ! so peaceful!

    I will never eat lamb again !

    ReplyDelete