Tuesday 16 August 2011

A slice of Lyme 1 - Macclesfield canal

Back in early July, I went out for a walk with the Bradford HF Walking Group. A couple of weeks prior to the walk, Sacristan and I scouted out the route (as he was to be the walk leader for the day).

The photos I will be sharing over the next few days are an amalgum of the two times of walking the route.


The first section followed the old railway incline from Poynton out towards the Macclesfield Canal. It was easy walking up a very gentle gradient until a stile brought us out onto the towpath.


A few boats were active on the water.


This old Morris Minor Estate was parked up behind some moorings.


Beyond the bridge, there is a small marina.


But our route took us over the bridge and away to the fields.

7 comments:

  1. I made a favourable impression last night on my husband when during 'New Tricks' St Pancras station came into view - more or less the same view as that below - and I recognised it!

    I love boaty people and certainly this part of your walk looks fantastic - look forward to the next bit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the look of the path with the the trees bending over, but you got me at the canal. I'd love to be in one of those boats!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The path looks so inviting. Not unrelated, do you have mosquitoes to deal with?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for taking me along on this lovely walk!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a pretty walk! I loved the start, especially...a tree lined path always grabs my attention in a rather spiritual way. Everything looks so lush and green...simply beautiful, H. Thank you for sharing this with us. I look forward to seeing more.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So green. So lush. So lovely.

    ReplyDelete